Supplementary Appropriation Act, 1974
Signed this 22nd day of May. 1974.
The 1973/74 Supplementary Appropriation Act, 1974
Being an Act to make Supplementary Provision for the Service of Sierra Leone for the Year 1973/74
Whereas by the 1973/74 Appropriation Act, 1973, a sum not exceeding fifty-three million six hundred and ninety one thousand, three hundred and fiftv-four leones was provided for the service of Sierra Leone for the year nineteen hundred and seventy-three/ seventy-four:
And whereas it has become necessary to provide for the expenditure from the Consolidated Revenue Fund a further sum of four million six hundred and eighty-nine thousand, two hundred and sixty-five leones in excess of the provisions in the above cited Act for the several services set forth in the First and Second Schedules hereto:
And whereas Section 14 of the Finance (Control and Management) Act, 1961 provides that any proposals for such expenditure be submitted to a vote of Parliament by means of a Supplementary Appropriation Bill which shall contain that expenditure under appropriate Heads:
And WHEREAS by virtue of the powers vested in him by Rule 2 of Part II of the Second Schedule to the Finance (Control and
Management) Act, 1961, the Minister of Finance has by Warrant authorised the issue from the contingencies fund of the sum totalling one hundred and forty-three thousand one hundred and forty leones under the various Heads set out in the Second Schedule hereto which expenditure could not without serious injury to the public interest have been postponed until provision could be made by a Supplemental*}' Appropriation Act:
And whereas Rule 5 of Part II of the Second Schedule to the Finance (Control and Management) Act, 1961 provides that all withdrawals from the Contingencies Fund shall be reported to Parliament at its next ensuing sitting so that that Fund shall be restored to the amount appropriated under Section 18 of the said Act by inclusion of the appropriation thereto in a Supplementary Appropriation Act:
Be it enacted by the President and Members of Parliament in this present Parliament assembled as follows:—-
1. This Act shall be deemed to have come into operation on the 1st day of January, 1974.
2. The sum of four million, six hundred and eighty-nine thousand, two hundred and sixty-five leones shall be and is hereby granted to His Excellency the President, for and during the year nineteen hundred and seventy-three to seventy-four to be applied for the several services set forth in the First and Second Schedules.
3. The said sum of four million six hundred and eighty-nine thousand, two hundred and sixty-five leones shall be and is hereby declared to be charged upon and made payable from and out of the Consolidated Revenue Fund for the year nineteen hundred and seventy-three to seventy-four and the payment thereof shall be taken to begin immediately after the commencement of this Act:
Provided that in the case of the sums authorised by the Minister of Finance to be issued from the Contingencies Fund the payment thereof shall be taken to have begun on the date of the
Warrant authorising such payment.
4. The Accountant-General is hereby authorised and required from time to time upon the Warrant or Order of the Minister of Finance to pay out of the Consolidated Revenue Fund—
(a) the sum of four million, five hundred and forty-six thousand, one hundred and twenty-five leones for the services specified in the First Schedule;
(b) the sum of one hundred and forty-three thousand one hundred and forty leones already paid into the Consolidated Revenue Fund from the Contingencies Fund under Warrant issued by the Minister of Finance under the provisions of Rule 2 of the Contingencies Fund Rules, 1961, for the \ services specified in the Second "Schedule during the year ending on the thirtieth day of June, nineteen hundred and seventy-four.
5. The Accountant-General is also hereby authorised and required upon the Warrant or Order of the Minister of Finance to pay from the Consolidated Revenue Fund into the Contingencies Fund the sum of one hundred and forty-three thousand, one hundred and forty leones in reimbursement of the sums withdrawn from the Contingencies Fund for the Services set out in the Second Schedule.
6. The amount from time to time paid for and in respect of expenditure authorised in section 2 shall not exceed in gross the sum of four million, six hundred and eighty-nine thousand, two hundred and sixty-five leones during the year ending on the thirtieth day of June, nineteen hundred and seventy-four and any balances remaining unissued at the end of June nineteen hundred and seventy-four shall lapse and shall not be available for making payments in the following years.
FIRST SCHEDULE Head No, Description of Head
20100 Pension, Retiring Allowances and Gratuities (C)
20200 Public Debt Charges
30005 High Court
30009 Court of Appeal
30100 Public Service Commission
30200 Auditor-General's Office
30401 Vice-President and Prime Minister's Office
30501 Ministry of Development and Economic Planning
30602 Southern Province
30605 Electoral Commission
30701 Ministry of External Affairs
30713 Embassy—Addis Ababa
30801 Ministry of Defence
30901 Ministry of Finance
30902 Customs and Excise 30907 Miscellaneous Services
31001 Ministry of Transport and Communications
31002 Civil Aviation
31003 Meteorological Department
31004 Road Transport Department—Headquarters
31005 Road Transport Department—Works 31008 Railway Subsidy-
Si 101 Ministry of Education
31103 Secondary Education ..
31201 Ministry of Social Welfare
31303 Community Development
31300 Mini strv of Tourism and Cultural Affairs
31301 Ministry of Health 31401 Ministry of Mines
31601 Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources
31602 Agricultural Division 31605 Veterinary Services
31701 Ministry of Trade and Industry .. 31 803(a) Ministry of Works—Western Area—Freetown 31804(c) Ministry of Works—Other Provinces—Makeni
37,000 20,000 340,776 2,000 400 2,400 88,900 750 4,000 7,500 20.800 5,833 9,961 6,000 8,000 6,100 21,800 541,700 21,350 2,000 1,217,000 4,250 5,490 5,020 3.000 1 h 574,191 131,700 140,000 25,550 153,300 11,700 8,500 23,000 4,693 5,000 778,900 8,460 4,200 25,000 26,000
Description of Head
3 i 804(e) Ministry of Works—Other Provinces—Kenema
32001 Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
32002 Sierra Leone Broadcasting Service 32004 Printing Department ..
7,284 28,000 4,200 656 103,000
SECOND SCHEDULE 30200 Auditor-General's Office
30501 Ministry of Development and Economic Planning 31501 Ministry of Labour 32001 Ministry of Information and Broadcasting 32004 Printing Department .. .. ..
Le 40.500 7,400 72,000 124,000
Passed in Parliament this J8th day of March, in the year of our Lord one thousand nine hundred and seventv-four.
M. MUNU, Acting Clerk of Parliament.
This Printed Impression has been carefully compared by me with the Bill which has passed Parliament and found by me to be a true and correctly printed copy of the said Bill.
M. MUNU, Acting Clerk of Parliament.